Quote:
Anyone have any tips on how to modify the slot to limit total timing? Where is the slot that I need to modify?

I have initial at 10 right now because there is 24-26 mechanical and if I go over 10 I would have too much total timing.

(1) the FBO plate ($25 to your door) is the fastest/easiest. You can weld the slots up then file em down to the right amt which is time consuming but free (exc for the welding) and the FBO plate has slots for 10-12-14-16-18 (not mine but I eyeballed one) & for dead on dist tuning if the vac gauge method for initial then wants an odd # to get to say 35 total (tried & true SB amt)then the plate will be slightly off (OCD anyone). Jimmy G the JB weldmaster uses that instead of welding. What I would suggest NOW is bump the initial up to 18/slow the idle/reset initial to 18 (if it changed) & see if you can get a good/low(er) idle. it'll take 5 minutes and you can set the initial back in no time if you ain't happy with the results. EDIT the slots are the 2 oblong holes in the flat cam plate in the dist (pop the cap & you can see em & each one has a pin in it & you are limiting how far that pin(s) can move in the slot by shortening the slot on each side)

Last edited by RapidRobert; 12/24/15 01:55 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth