Originally Posted By autoxcuda
Originally Posted By MuuMuu101
So, as most of you know I'm scatter brained when it comes to builds. My thought process of right now is similar to the one I started with. Send the engine to IMM. Have them look it over and tell me what kind of condition it's in. Fix the small problems. If good, have them regasket and seal it. Add an Edelbrock Performer RPM to clear the hood and maybe a cam. Then just go. Second quickest and cheapest way to get a reliable engine after just throwing it in there.

I'll do a different engine swap when I do paint and body years down the line. But first, I want to make sure I have another project running and driving where I won't go insane, again, with nothing to work on at the house.

I thought you bought that engine and a reliable put together combination.

If the compression ratio is setup and designed for Supercharging probably not going to be optimal for normally aspirated.

Put it together like you bought it. Either that or sell it as a whole for what you paid for it.

I thought your car was over at Hotchkis to put in this motor. It's been there for monthes. What else are that doing/undoing/correcting?

Kind of the game plan I'm putting together; however, if you give me too much time I'll overthink things, recalculate what I want or what's plausible, and possibly change my mind.

Hotchkis doesn't necessarily do all that much engine work so that's why I'd rather send it to a professional. Hotchkis is currently finishing off my 6-point cage. The plan was to get the small issues fixed with this engine and throw it in with a T56 transmission and a Borgeson PS box. There's also some small things like redoing my brake lines and other things.

Since product installations is their main market for business, they've been bringing in installations each week which puts my Dart on the sideline. Not only that, but they've had some of the boss's race cars needing work and prep for races which obviously has more priority than my Dart. The Dart has been there for about 3.5 months now.

Last edited by MuuMuu101; 10/11/15 04:41 PM.