Originally Posted By B3422W5
Originally Posted By pittsburghracer
I know if I live long enough and keep testing I will find a CNC'd head that acts and runs the way it should. No such luck yet and my Friend was really disappointed in his CNC'd AFR220's but we got them calmed down and his small block chevy truck cranked out a 10.40 two weeks ago.

You must not have read my post earlier in this thread, John.

Guy who bought my old car with W5 motor. Heads were fully hand ported by a small block Mopar head porter to the Max. I ran them a few years, new owner ran them several years.
They were obviously thin, and finally started leaking water and became unusable.
He had the motor freshened up while the old heads were still on it, and had it dyno'ed and he raced it...... Heads went bad, he bought new w5 heads, had Modern CNC them( I believe the program was based on the hand port by the same guy).
Anyhow put new heads on same motor, takes it to same dyno, takes it to same track.
Bearing in mind the CNC was kept " small" because of known W5 core shift, the motor lost about 20 horse and a tenth at the track...... So very, very little..... And considering the heads now have integrity, I would rather have them than the original, thin hand ported units.
the above is dyno and track tested proof of excellent CNC results. So there are good programs out there.

I'm sure there are but if I personally was going to set up and sell a CNC'd head I would want to see dyno and track results BEFORE I purchased and set up their program. As I said I've never flow tested a CNC'd head yet that did not go turbulent. Not saying they aren't out there. Those Toyota heads are state of art and are not your typical store bought program. Trouble is now is that the big companies don't really care if its right or not.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time