Originally Posted By cudaman1969
... Honestly I can't see how all eight ports could be the same with hand porting verses CNC( think of the surface area of the complete port,20-40 sq in). Now the final blending by hand is a no brainier, has to be done...

Even my CNC'd Victors don't all flow the same (I've tested every intake port), simply because they're production castings w/ a certain level of core shift and have places where the CNC program doesn't touch each head exactly the same way.

The only way I'd expect a CNC'd head to flow exactly the same (give or take some small %) is if it starts w/ a raw undersized casting where the tooling touches basically every port & chamber identically. Any dropout means inconsistency, and applying a CNC program to any head already cast intended for use "as is" means that's a likely result.

Even then, I recall a porter who was doing a lot of CNC stuff w/ production based heads saying the final CNC'd version was a success if it flowed w/in some particular # of CFM of the hand-ported prototype which was digitized for the program. He didn't expect his own CNC'd heads to equal his hand-ported results, but it was a helluva lot faster to reproduce the basic port for mass consumption.