Originally Posted By tboomer
John...I am quite happy with my hand ported Victors. Radar Lechtenberg did them along with matching the Indy intake. He learned the trade in the late 70s from Gary Ostrich. Worked for him a while before setting out on his own. He used to do a lot of Top Fuel stuff till it got to be too much work for him. Radar is still doing cylinder heads but he is getting up there in years and has slowed down a bit. The guy does a heckuva job and I am proud to have a set done by him! beer

And this too is a big part of the puzzle. PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLDS. I ported a set of Chevy Dart Platinum's for a Friend that started out flowing 260 then backed up from high air-speed. When I finished porting them they were flowing 315-320 so we bolted his stock Victor Jr on them and they were now flowing 260 cfm. He was flabbergasted and said we didn't gain anything but I then said to him, what do you think they were flowing with the intake bolted on before the porting work. I charged him another 200 dollars as he NOW wanted the intake ported to match the heads but not before he spent another 400 dollars to buy a Dart intake and it was just as bad as the Victor Jr. 6 months later he dragged over the Dart intake to have ported. LOL

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time