Quote:

Quote:

What is Proper Rocker Arm Geometry? I used to believe you could buy a set of rocker arms, throw pushrods in and call it a day. This would be incorrect, or so it now seems... I am curious to know the following.

1.) What do you guys consider to be proper rocker arm geometry and why?

2.) What brand and/or style Rocker Arm do you recommend be utilized to achieve proper rocker geometry and why?

How much air should I run in my tires? - about the same generalization as the posters question. Think this thread went exactly where he thought it would. The OP runs at the same 2 tracks that I do. They are generally overwhelmed with cars. You are lucky if you can get 3 runs in - in a 6 hour period - after 3 oildowns and a 2000 ft DA change. Gleaning any useable info ( within in 2 tenths and 5 MPH ) is living in fantasy land. I declare this thread closed!! Is it winter yet??

Regarding my first question, 90* at mid lift is not the same as 90* at 2/3 lift, nor is it the same as 90* at full lift. All three are different, all three require a different amount of modification to achieve and all three will provide different results. I was curious to know which method was preferred and why. Seems like a reasonable question.

As for the second question, ductile iron rockers are not the same as roller rockers and each individual manufacturer of roller rockers is said to provide variables. The lengths are said to vary, as such the geometry will vary as well. It has been said many times, "don't buy the cheap roller rockers, buy the high dollar ones instead". I thought maybe someone could come forward with specifics relative to geometry to justify that claim. I now believe that either the majority of people don't know the difference or alternatively aren't speaking up, for varying reasons of course...

Furthermore, who said anything about having to pay a machine shop to set up there valvetrain? If you have common sense and basic tools, it will get you a long way. If you have common sense and no tools I would think you would at least like to know what your paying the machine shop for. If you have no tools and no common sense, I hope you don't take your parts to the guy you were trashing on the internet...

And yes, this thread did go about how I expected. How nice...

With that being said, Thanks to anyone who has or continues to offer constructive input. I do weed through the discussion for it and as always, I greatly appreciate it.

[img]https://s9.postimg.cc/6fbjxzfvv/48-2016-_Drag-_Weekend-_Best-_Burnouts-lpr.jpg[/img]

73 GTX *440*727*8 3/4*
69 DART GT *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
73 ROAD RUNNER *451*4 SPEED*DANA*
64 F100 *383*4 SPEED*9"*
75 DODGE D300 *440*4 SPEED*DANA*
99 DODGE RAM 3500 4X4 DUALLY... ON 38"s