Quote:

I'm in the process if building a 500+ HP 416 and I'm going to use one of SCAT's rotating assemblies. I ordered the forged kit and they use to come with the H beam rods but they now come with the I-beam rods, forged crank and ICON pistons. I did some research and spoke to some Mopar engine builder and they said the I-beams are good rods but over 500hp they would tend to use the H-beams so I sent the first one back and got the kit with H-beams. There wasn't much differance in the price and most of the cost was because Mallory had to be added for the H-beams.

So what I leaned from the builder I spoke to is the if your shooting to 500hp or below for racing or under 600 on the street the I-beams will work just fine. I was told the I-beams are forged and the H-beams are billet rods.

Here are some picture of both SCAT rods.

you are a smart man I think it's more of an RPM thing vs HP but for the price difference why would anyone want the chinese I beam? if it was huge price difference I would understand. but for a few bucks more they are