Next update. Here is after coat 4 with everything prepped to do the black accent at the bottom of the body, and the DODGE on the tailgate. Im still deciding on a butt stripe as well. Im leaning towards yes... It was late so I just took these to show the prep work. I haven't decided if Im going to do another coat of gray to the body or not. It looks good but because I was less aggressive with my sanding, there is a pretty good level of orange peel. Not a lot, about equal to the factory job on modern cars. Its just that I know that I can get it smoother if I want to, which will make my final buffing/polishing turn out a better shine/reflection. Im just so ready to drive it that I don't wanna wait. Decisions....
Im either going to leave it like it is, or go back and wetsand with 600 grit, then one final coat. This black should go really fast because its such a small area, I can get 2 coats in per day about 12 hours apart. Then I can move on to the rustoleum roll on bedliner, and I want to have my sliding back glass replaced with a one piece.

Overall I think Im leaning towards sanding and doing one more coat of gray with less peel.

Oh, and I still have to do the cowl vent.

This part was time consuming, taping it up and then cutting the letters out with a razor blade was nerve wracking. I'd never done anything similar to this.

1971 Plymouth Satellite
408/904 8 3/4 3.23 SG