Quote:

I would use a scotchbrite pad to scuff the glossy shine and recoat it, the scuff pad will help keep you from burning thur like you mention.

I see you and the truck across the road,,I say that is a glossy shine right there.

the more coats and scuffing inbetween coats should come out nice as it builds and thickens.

You Sir, have motivated me to give it a try on my truck. I only have the hood/2-front fenders/2-doors/2-rear fenders with the cab/bed done inside & out in the spray on bed liner.

Thanks for the sanding tip, the less I burn through the smoother this process will go for me.

I saw where you sprayed your truck in bedliner. If you have the tools/place to spray this paint I would. The process for guys who sprayed was the same except a little more tape work. They even still thinned it with mineral spirits, and only had to do 2 coats instead of 6 or 8. Rolling has been great for me because I've been able to stop and go as necessary with no worries. But it would have been much easier and faster if I could spray it. The next time I do this, I will be trying to spray it.

1971 Plymouth Satellite
408/904 8 3/4 3.23 SG