Well, here is the next update. Its a little behind schedule, but that's whats great about this method. If time constraints pop up, then you can just wait and continue when you are able. This is after 1 coat to the entire body. In spots where coats overlapped, I think Im going to really like the color, its a nice deep, dark gray.

I don't think the roller lines will be a problem for 2 reasons.
1. Everyone elses progress pics that I saw pretty much had the same look on the first 2-3 coats.
2. Im getting better at avoiding them all together. I can see bigger and bigger areas without the roller marks as I get better.

Finally, I see that I am no bodyman, . I was able to make a lot of dents less noticeable, but definitely not perfect. And I missed a couple of dents as well. But I don't need it to be perfect either, and Im NOT backtracking now to try and fix them. Anywho, heres the pics...

There was a really noticeable dent right in front of the rear wheelwell.

I will either pull and paint the cowl vent panel, or pull another at the junk yard, prep and paint, then swap them out.

When I get full coverage I can see this having a nice gloss in it.

Dent in the bottom/middle of the tailgate made much less visible. Forgot about the one in the first D in Dodge. And with all the nooks and contours, this tailgate is a pain in the butt to paint.

As of right now the strip at the bottom of the truck will be painted gloss black. May even do black bedliner when I do the bed.

This is the bedrail that I patched a couple of holes up with Bondo. Turned out pretty well.

Im also think Im going to try painting the coats in alternating directions. So this coat was vertical, Im going to do the next one horizontal.

1971 Plymouth Satellite
408/904 8 3/4 3.23 SG