Quote:

Quote:

I think some of us have slow cars, mostly street cars, that we keep tinkering and upgrading. I don't want to cut up my cuda if I don't have too if I'm only running mid 12's. I don't want to spend the cash either. Now I've upgraded the engine a bit and wonder how fast it is. If I have to put a bar in it, I will. But I won't know until I make a few passes. I'll be happy if it requires one, but disappointed if I have to cage it because it is a play toy for me until I give it to my daughter with a different engine in it.

Don't cage it unless they absolutely stop you from running it. If you plan on giving it to your daughter with a less potent combo and she's driving around in a caged car it can be ugly if she was in a traffic accident.
I kind of feel bars are scary in street cars, what if you are T boned and get a broken door bar jammed through your gut? Or bounce your bare melon off the main hoop? Not good

A car is much safer on the street with a cage or a bar. I don't know where this wives tale came from. Put padding on the bars.
Door bars don't break. If it did the other driver would have drove completely through your car without it.