What's up is that I am progressing at a snails pace!

I installed a new repop trunk lock(remember the lost key incident) and carefully readjusted the trunklid to eliminate the pesky problem it developed of grabbing the rear window gasket. Afterwards I checked carefully to make sure the latch lined up with the lock. Satisfied, I slammed the trunklid shut and stepped back to admire my handy work. It was at this time, I reminded myself that I had left the keys for the new repop lock in the trunk for safekeeping! Luckily the repop trunk lock was not nearly as robust as the factory original, and it only took a screw driver and three smacks with a 2lb sledge to render it useless. I may never have a trunk lock in the car again!

The wiring is finally complete. The button at the back of the shifter is the trans brake. The smaller one mounted to the side of it goes to a toggle switch that allows it to be used for the horn or the line lock. The button on the shifter itself is for the nitrous, and is wired through the accessory 2 on my switch panel, which can only be activated when the ignition is on. The dome light works, and is activated by either door switch, as installed at the factory 52 years ago. I hooked the factory dash lights into accessory 1 with my gauges, and every single bulb lit up on cue ( The two Drag Week trips previously in this car, I had the tack light and oil pressure, that was it) The dash is completely assembled, including a new repop glove box liner.

The engine still hasn't been fired in the car, this dang Race Demon carb is kicking my butt. I rebuilt it, and now I can't get the floats or needle and seats to work, every time I turn on the fuel pump, it shoots fuel out of the vents.

I wanted to swap the seats from side to side, as the passenger one has more hip room, but apparently the six bolt helicoil pattern on the bottom of plastic race seats is not universal...didn't see that coming until I had all the brackets removed.

Boone Had a hall effect switch failure in the Barnyard Viper's distributor.

Dale still hasn't replaced the alternator on the Gremlin that failed about 4 months ago.

Darren just ordered 3800$ worth of parts for the Dakota. All of which will still need to be installed when I get to Oklahoma.

8243968-002.JPG (227 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines