The dog, has no brain, she wakes up in a new world everyday!
Gotta have a parts car with a 62 Valiant, my plan was to part it out and sell what I didn't need...then I figured out that the whole "just part it out" thing is actually work!

T-29 day update:

When I bought the Valiant in 2006, it had the old stock wiring, and an orange box electronic ignition. I decided to go with a MSD Digital 6 plus, a roll bar mount Painless switch panel, and a nice pre-made relay panel that fell off the back of a big yellow turnip truck. Since it was a race car with only one seat, my buddy and I decided to tuck all the new wiring behind the dash on the passenger's side firewall, easily accessed while laying on your back in the passenger floorboard. We didn't even touch the old factory stuff.
Fast forward to Drag Week 2011. The car now has two seats, exhaust, tags, and we are sitting at Topeka, in the tech line, when I tell Dale that we need to "power up" the factory wiring to see if I'm going to have headlights, taillights and such. He spent the next two hours all contorted and cursing. The factory fuse box was hurled out the door about 15 minutes into the surgery. DW 2012 wasn't much better, with several more hands into the wiring, and wires just running across the trans tunnel with no rhyme or reason.

I decided to clean it up this weekend.

Fatboy wiring 101 dictates that the seats must come out...
This is not a luxury, a comfort, or a convenience... it's straight up necessary!
Secondly, if you intend to be able to go to work Monday, stealing the pillows and blanket off the bed definitely cut down on the need for Advil!

BTW, Dale went 10.88-125 NA last night, then 9.48-137 on the plate...anybody think he's going to run NA on Drag Week? I'm guessing it's going to be Modified Power Adder for the Gremlin.

8234953-001.JPG (183 downloads)

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines