Quote:

Quote:

I was an engineer at Chrysler for almost 10 years starting in the late 90's. We were forbidden from anything like DSE and to some extent Stielow are doing on any Chrysler products. One of my friends at Chrysler had a side business making suspension and stiffening components for Fox and SN95 Mustangs since he couldn't do anything for Mopars.

We weren't forbidden from developing and building stuff for our own rides, it was the selling and profiting that was frowned upon.

I have a 73 Duster with a JTEC 5.9L Magnum and Ram electrical architecture I have been working on for 12 years, and I know it wouldn't be where it is today if I couldn't have called some engineers for guidance and help (not to discount guys on here like AndyF and Dr. Diff).

Very cool 1st hand info. Very insightful post. Thank you.

I can sort of understand Chrysler's reasoning on this though. Most companies have similar policies and practices. Some written, some not.

Wonder if Steilow gets an OK from GM if it's viewed as PR and Marketing for GM? Like a place to showcase their aftermarket and production products (crate engines)?? And also to promote the GM and Camaro brands??

Thats why I think the whole thing about his 69 going head to head with a new ZL1 was nothing more than a marketing scam. I called BS to that out of the gate, just think how many Chevy idiots went out and bought a new ZL1 thinking "this thing is only a tick slower than Steilows car....". Pure marketing genius really.

Mopar to the bone!!!