Quote:

Quote:

Dan, I've got the perfect car sitting beside my house to cut on (popular body style, too...67 Barracuda fastback), but my son can't afford that sort of "investment". The car spent a lot of its life as a drag car that we went autocrossing in after throwing some suspension at it. All of this with a big block (all iron 383 except intake), four speed, and streetable 3.55 gears. We were competitive except against the real well-sorted cars with more power...in CP...

Very cool! Ever take it to Nationals?

Nope, used to run it at Castle Air Base in 01-02. The 383 was pretty mild (probably not much more than 350hp), but it worked well enough to post respectable times running on Nascar slicks (we couldn't afford autocross tires). The car has been cut up pretty good. Alan still plans on running a big block (stroked 400 - we've got a standard bore 72 block in the garage), but anything is possible with enough money. The good thing about this car is that it left the factory with a slant and has been hacked on some and then hacked on some more.