Quote:

You can play with stock cases and gearsets all you want Monte and that's fine if a guy is local and wants to take chances. When a guy is not your neighbour your not doing him a favor by suggesting to build a trans for 700HP out of a trans that was designed around 190HP.
Builds have a lot of variables and the prices will reflect that in most cases. You can say 10 clutch drum for example and I can say which one? Those not knowing can get them in many different forms which some are a bit junky. Planetaries are the same as there are too many variables then we get into pumps, VB's etc.

This is why the prices vary. Now if you think a stock case is good or "you are getting away with it" that's fine but if a guy was going to build a 2000HP motor, would you use a stock block? I hope you can see where im coming from here. Im not saying you can't do it but in many cases its just foolish to try.

Hutch

Have always used stock case..

3000# 900+ hp..

I use a good turbo input shaft good 10 disc clutch pack and a good aftermarket gear set.

Have only broke 1 gear set and that was an aftermarket one.. Go figure.. Never broke a 1.76..

To each his own.. Been using a glide since 1993..

I have 3 back up transmissions just in case.. Cost is less than 1 Super Duper trans..

Carry On..

Chris..