Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I lean toward the glide because it is cheaper.

A glide is not cheaper. You don't want a stock case so that's $1,200 for a case. You probably want a 1.80 straight cut, that's another $1,000. It all adds up.

How you figure. I can sell you a PG in a Dedenbear case, 10 clutch alum drum, roller bearing, good tail housing, 1.80 straight cuts, billet servo, ringless input, deep pan and a Pro-brake, that will live behind 2000hp in a 3,000lb car for $3200.

Now, does the OP NEED a trans that will hold 2000hp, probably not, but for what HE wants to do, a glide WILL be cheaper, because he can use a stock case and the factory 1.76 gear set and be just fine. He will need a good input, a pro-brake and a few other things. But overall the trans will be cheaper than a 727 with the needed mods for what he wants to do.......Plus, the glide will be lighter and react better in a heavy car on a pro tree. There is no TF brake that even approaches the quickness of a glide brake. Lets get away from the Mopar vs Chevy side of things and see what will work BEST for what he wants to do.

Monte

I know of quite a few heavier cars running glides with good success...

5.53 @ 125 1/8th on the launch control..more left in her!