Saturday:
rearranged the garage exchanging parking of my friend's Superbee and my Daytona. Here's where I start today. Front suspension is pretty much out if the way. I will remove the lower control arms and torsion bars, exhaust, then position the dolly under the kmember and tranny. I will get the cherry-picker so I can lift the front of the car high enough to slide the drivetrain out..

Sunday:
Whew !!!!! What a stressful operation out of one's garage. I was able, after a couple of trails and "well, that's not going to work" and a VERY slow-going mode of operation, to successfully remove the 440/727 drive train.. I was extra anal and slow about it all. I would assess a situation, come up with a solution, complete the task and clean up. I found keeping a clean and orderly workfloor made for a less chaotic event. There were a couple of times I wondered, "What the heck am I doing?" Shoot, one of the steps to remove the steering column, as easy as a task it is normally, turned out to be a big pain in the butt. Dang lock pin was NOT going to come out easily.... But, I prevailed.. One observation will be to get lower profile casters so the dolly won't be so high.... Now, time to replace fuel and brake lines, remove/replace brake booster ( hemi-version ) and etc.... I will separate the 727 soon and have it rebuilt. I am tired !!!! Church, lunch with the family, and 440 removal,, the end of a busy day.....

Last edited by hemi68charger; 04/28/14 01:07 PM.

Troy
Houston Mopar Connection Club
'69 Charger Daytona 440 - auto - 4.10 Dana (now with 426 hemi)
'69 Charger 500 440 - 4speed - 3.54 Dana
'70 Road Runner 383 - 4speed - a/c (now with 440)