I like the show. I see some things that are far fetched or maybe some runs that are unfair. But, it is a show. And a lot better for me than most other stuff on TV.

VA back in the day was ridiculous with street racing. There was a guy from Roanoke that traveled the state every weekend. My wife and I were dating and I saw this guy up Northern VA tearing up them guys bill folds. That is a good 4 hour ride. I work all over and would see him trailering everywhere. Several guys from Roanoke won Orlando. They owned that place for several years. In my hometown every time there was a new highway built it was quickly stripped with rubber in both lanes just about every place you could imagine decent enough to run. There are still guys around that do this stuff but, they have a list of excuses and pretty much only run stock suspension and small tires now.

I don't condone street racing. There have been a lot of close calls here. Mostly with the people fighting to try and get in front of each other driving to "The spot". Never seen a car trailered to a street race. That said, most all the out of town guys hauled into town. Nothing like hearing two beast ripping it up in the night.

It is just a lot safer and better for me and my family to just watch Street Outlaws and enjoy.

I would love the chance to race some of these guys on a no prep surface. We actually have one available. New London and in no prep it is every bit the challenge as any street.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.