Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gee, wonder why a rear bar was a problem?

I believe when you stop the rear from leaning, you stop what little weight is in the rear from transferring to the outside tire. The rear stepped out much earlier with the rear bar.

Not sure if I understand your point, but a rear bar for instance will decrease the loading on the inside tire, AND increase loading on outside tire, resulting in less total axle grip BECAUSE tires are LESS evenly loaded, and this results in increased over steer, and if not matched better to front roll resistance, handling is perceived to be degraded.

JCC You got it backwards. You want your weight to transfer to the outside in a corner. That's where you need the grip, not the inside.

We disagree, anybody want to jump in here, I think this is a major misunderstanding here, or one of us is completely wrong ( I don't mean that in belligerent way)

A couple of basics regarding grip as I see them, a. maximum grip is achieved on a single axle is when both tires are loaded exactly the same. In a corner that is not possible, no matter what the design or features. b. Any difference in tire loading reduces overall total grip, no matter what the weight transfer, as the higher loaded tire DOES NOT gain the grip back proportionally that the unloaded tire lost. c, sway bars reduce grip to a degree by increasing tire loading differences, but may have other offsetting positives by such things such as improved wheel/tire alignment in body roll. d. on this point I am winging it, but body roll is possibly additionally increased by removing sway bars because of increased grip, if tire alignment can still be useful. e. there is more to perceived handling then ultimate grip.

Well?

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.