Hi all!

I've seen a couple of posts in the last year or two where folks had kept us updated on the status of their project (Steve/HemiChallenger and the ’71 Super Bee and Gary/Challenger 1 with his Challengers) so I thought I would give it a try. Now, I don’t have the talent or skills that the others have shown but hopefully some of you will be interested or may learn something yourselves.

My car is a ’71 Demon that I bought from the original owner. She bought the /6-904 car new here in town and has kept it ever since. It still wears its original paint and doesn’t show any rust or body damage beyond a few door dings (crossing my fingers). Last fall/winter I replaced the /6 with a 360 Magnum that I built and put a 727 and 8 ¾ behind it (it has run 12.76 at 104 mph in full street trim and full exhaust so I’m pretty happy with that). I will be taking the drivetrain out the bottom of the car (luckily I have a two post lift in my shop) and gutting the interior. I plan on a “quick” repaint with a color change of brown to Sassy Grass and a complete interior overall (bench to buckets). I will most likely paint over the existing paint unless I find something that worries me. I will post pics as I go (again, not as exciting as some others but hopefully worth looking at) and I’m sure I will have questions that you all can help me with. I plan on getting this done prior to next years race season in March.

I just setup a photobucket account so hopefully I can attach pics that way.

Sit back and enjoy, and wish me luck!!

Pic of car "before"