Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

W5 and Indy are direct bolt on as well.... Just take different rocker gear, as I believe the Indybrocks do as well

I think mostly his comparison is about using standard intake, valve gear and headers as the W stuff does not and adds to the switch over cost.

Correct. But the post I quoted mentioned Indybrocks, which also take offset rocker gear that isn't factory type.
And besides, most anybody who desires to make any steam at all is going to buy aftermarket rocker gear anyhow if they run a cam that has any lift at all.
All these heads mentioned will bolt right up to a production block. The W5's do need little spacers and lots of goop under the intake, but that's a minor issue, and Mopar sells or did sell the little end spacers... They were real cheap
Regards intakes, who would run a stock one? So most aluminum intakes are similar priced anyhow.

Sorry this is long winded.

The Indybrocks do NOT have an offset style rocker. They use a standard 440 rocker, which is more economical than offset rockers that are more expensive. The standard intake and headers also work on the Indybrock. They don't call them the Indybrock anymore and think they call them aluminum t/a heads or something according to the new guy at Indy.
They are a great head, but I am not sure they have the potential of a w5. They top out at .600 lift and had a bit of a reversion issue somewhere in there.
As for making more power than an std edelbrock? I have a comparison. Went from ported eddies, to Indybrocks. Went from a 11.24@118 best to a 11.0@122 in only 2 passes with the Indybrocks. I didn't even track tune it yet. I also added 100 lbs of cage when I added the Indybrocks.
I think it's fair to say I gained 40 horsepower. It definitely made alot more with the Indybrocks.
3200 pound duster after the cage,
408 stroker
10.7 compression
xe284 roller
2800 stall
4.10 gear 28" slicks
through the muffs, power steering, power brakes.
3k stall