Quote:

To the best of my knowledge there are three direct bolt on aluminum heads for small block Mopars. Standard Edelbrock, Indy modified Eddys ie. Indybrocks and the Chinese cast Airwolfs. I think the most interesting comparison would be between the Airwolfs and the Indybrocks since both appear to have a slight advantage over the standard version. Obviously it would be best to have equal levels of prep in order to have a fair comparison. Indybrocks do require rockers with greater offset than standard, but since they come with rockers, shafts and 3/8 studded holddowns they can still be considered a direct bolt on. I would like to see what the hp/torque vs. cost ratio is for all three.

Don't forget that the Airwolf head has provisions for a larger port area. My guess is that some enterprising individual is going to modify them in the future ala Indybrock and install an offset pushrod. If it can be done to Edelbrocks it can be done to these. If the price is right that could end up a very interesting development for the budget guy looking at a 410 to 440 ci engine. Especially since the Edelbrock SB Victor head has been relegated to the Mopar wish list.