Quote:

still leaking....when i take the carbs out I can feel "oily gasoline" on the intake to heads joint, and puddling on the intake valves that remain closed....its not just gasoline.

I would look for another issue,it could be a valve, ring or piston problem.If you want to check the gasket seal you can spray a libral amont of light oil(WD-40) in the intake and make plates to cover the carb holes and put an air valve in one,remove all the pushrods to make sure all valves are closed and carefully charge the intake(it only takes a few pounds of air for this).You can view the underside of the intake with a borescope ,mirror or other means for a fine mist if the gaskets leak.This sound like a lot of effort,but it will determine if that or something else is the issue.We had a Hemi that put oil in the intake and it turned out that it had one piston that had detonated and hurt the ring lands and rings.Another thought you might try is put a borescope in each sparkplug hole and check the condition of each piston.
I'am throwing out suggestions since everything you have tried so far hasn't solved your problem.