Quote:

My roller cams, the lifter rides in the center of the lobes. Not the back. Everything in cars and for that matter everything is engineer'd that doesn't make them perfect. Chrysler didn't engineer the slant six to kick rods out of the #6 cylinder either,taking out the starter, but it will. I am going on what I see, what I experienced and what has been seen as failures. If it was pushed backwards, there would be all kinds of posts over the yrs asking what to do when your mopar keeps eating up the back of the sprocket and the front of the block. Chrysler didn't design the old mopars to run on a roller cam either, they were designed with flat tappets and hydraulics. We all can debate on here, it creates options, but bottom line, like most complaints, the cover was flexing or the cam went north not south, and it isn't the first or last time. If something is not controled, then it will be out of control.

Ill post up a pic of a stock cover that was properly "set up" but you can clearly see where there is a circular mark left by the button putting stress on that cover. It wasnt just "kissing" it either...

MB