Quote:

Quote:

Junky, you raise good points, but keep in mind...DELO oils were not engineered for our flat tapped gasoline V8s. Ive spoken directly with several Chevron engineers (I've purchased over a million gallons of DELO 15w40 over the years) who tell me the zinc in their oil is for the punishment that the small end of the rod endures during the uber high compression of a diesel. The detergent is there to keep soot in suspension.

Gasoline engines have different requirements. Yes, DELO oils ARE good, but for our use, I believe there are better answers.

BTW, did you know Chevron DELO is a synthetic blend (at least technically--thank you Castrol)? It just hasn't been marketed that way. It's about to though---DELO XLE ( as opposed to LE) is just about to hit the streets.

Here is what Petroleum Quality Institute of America (PQIA) recently reported for: Chevron DeloŽ 400LE SAE 15W-40, API CJ-4/CI-4 Plus/SM.

Phosphorus 1312ppm
Zinc 1490ppm

For more, click on this link - HERE

What Chevron engineers? Who did you talk to?

This is what Chevron says right in their Product Data Sheet:

Quote:

APPLICATIONS

Delo 400 LE SAE 15W-40 is a mixed fleet motor oil
recommended for naturally aspirated and turbocharged
four-stroke diesel engines and four-stroke gasoline
engines
in which the API CJ-4 service category and
SAE 15W-40 viscosity grade are recommended. It is
formulated for engines operating under severe service
and a wide range of climatic conditions.

- AND -

Quote:

Delo 400 LE SAE 15W-40 is approved for: API Service Categories CJ-4, CI-4 PLUS, CI-4,
CH-4, SM, SL

Seriously folks, Chevron Delo 400 LE is enginered for "mixed fleet" diesel and gasoline applications, see also API (SM) and (SL). Let's let the diesel detergent myths stop here. It's a Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) for heavy duty applications.

For more, Chevron DELO 400 LE SAE 15W-40 Product Data Sheet at this link - HERE

Comp: you DO know that DELO stands for "diesel engine lubricating oil" right?
Well now you do. I said they ARE good oils, just very high in detergent for our applications. There are better choices.....ummmm I think you of all would agree with that.