Quote:

Quote:

I presume the VR means it's a 'Valvoline Racing' oil? No it doesn't have VR-1 on the bottle. It also doesn't have SM or SN on the bottles. It's been a couple years since I bought this case. I'll be needing some more sorta soon.

Yes, the VR-1 in the silver bottle is badged as "Racing Oil". It is a conventional oil with a street detergent package. The black bottle of VR-1 racing oil is synthetic and does not have the same detergent package. The black bottle is intended for users who are going to change oil more frequently, like after a race weekend. I would think it's fine for our low mileage cars that we change once a year.

If you were to go to the store and buy the regular Valvoline oil that you have in your two year old case, it will be the newer formula that you do not want.

I'd heard that even the synthetic isn't that good anymore. Which is why I bought the diesl oil. I've used both the Valvoline I mentioned above and the Shell Rotella diesl oil for the past couple/few years. Thanks for the info.

Tom

"Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown