Quote:

My posts were at no one in particular. Yes, and you did say "some". What my comments are pointed at are statements like this:

"It's been mentioned that the high detergent washes off the ZPPD stuff."

And this:

Detergents affect the surface tension of the oil. When the engine is shut off a high detergent oil will run off surfaces quicker than a low detergent. Picture rain water running off freshly waxed paint compared to clinging like a sheet to unwashed paint."

And this:

"Joe Gibbs is another company that says the ultra-high detergent levels in Diesel oils harm the effectiveness of the ZDDP."

With no test data or source (web link) to back up their statements.

Junky, you raise good points, but keep in mind...DELO oils were not engineered for our flat tapped gasoline V8s. Ive spoken directly with several Chevron engineers (I've purchased over a million gallons of DELO 15w40 over the years) who tell me the zinc in their oil is for the punishment that the small end of the rod endures during the uber high compression of a diesel. The detergent is there to keep soot in suspension.

Gasoline engines have different requirements. Yes, DELO oils ARE good, but for our use, I believe there are better answers.

BTW, did you know Chevron DELO is a synthetic blend (at least technically--thank you Castrol)? It just hasn't been marketed that way. It's about to though---DELO XLE ( as opposed to LE) is just about to hit the streets.