Quote:

Quote:

Joe Gibbs is another company that says the ultra-high detergent levels in Diesel oils harm the effectiveness of the ZDDP.

R.

So there is the first comment I've heard about the effectiveness of the ZDDP. And indication that a high number on a chemical test may night correlate with the effectiveness (actual use).

Here's a novel thought...How about get tests on the actual Extreme Pressure (EP) wear? If you are worrying about cam lifter wear, test for that wear. Who cares what chemicals are in it, see if it works!

There have been literally thousands of tests done that have shown that ZDDP is an effective anti-wear oil additive. While there are certainly many different factors other than ZDDP-content that will effect wear, the zinc content was something that we could easily determine with ~1% uncertainties using NAA. EP tests are notorious for high uncertainties.

"When I'm in a slump, I comfort myself by saying if I believe in dinosaurs, then somewhere, they must be believing in me. And if they believe in me, then I can believe in me." - Mookie Wilson