Quote:

I know service trucks use the frame for a ground and there is always something malfunctioning and it is 90% of the time ground related. So I am not going to criticize anyone for running grounds on a race car. Just their reasoning. LOL

Leon

Big trucks the frame is rivided together which under
stress/load and time come loose creating a bad ground
joint so yes thats not good

My Ford F550 bucket truck has a lot of electrical gremlins with the lights in the utility body. The guy who designs and wires at the upfitter is really up on his game. Old communications guy for GE. But, he uses the same junk relays these high dollar wiring systems do. AND WHEN THEY FAIL WE ARE STUCK 40 FT IN THE AIR. When are people going to understand most of these bosch style relays are junk. The best ones are in junk yard on factory fuse panels. I saw one wiring setup that I thought was the bomb until I noticed the 10 AMP relays. We have want a bee electrical engineers making these systems and selling them. They look cool and neat but, are full of gremlins. TIME WILL SHOW THIS. ARC stuff is pretty cheap and nothing trick about it and all the 14 gauge wire but it has lasted about 15 years in my car. Everybody was on the Painless bandwagon, just watch a mud truck shake all the fuses out in the floor and quit in the middle of a hole. I am despirately looking for something nice to replace this outdated ugly stuff. But, until I find something that I feel will last I will keep what I have.

When you build a car and it is still 400 lbs over weight for the class you limit weight by running grounds to the chassis. I later ran a bus system from the battery to the block and electronics. It has made no difference whatsoever. But, I know how to properly bond something. OH lets use easy terms ground something.

Leon

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.