fquote]
It's a shame what this class has turned into. Wish they could hit the ''re-set button'' on the class and start over or turn it into some sort of nostalgia pro stock class. I grew up on DeFrank/Cohen, John Friel, Bucky Hess, Randy Hopkins, Bob Reed, The Tuetons, Dean Mink, Jerry Jenkins, etc... and loved watching them race. The first time I saw a Hemi A-body was at my local track when I was 13. The High Adventure Racing Cuda of Pat Forsythe (sorry if mis-spelled) and Mike Bogina. It was love at first sight! lol There is nothing more impressive to see, then a Hemi stuffed into an A-body. I remember what a big deal it was when Bucky and the engine builder from Canada (forget his name) were battling it out to crack the 8 second zone. The days before the interenet and you couldn't wait to get the next issue of Super Stock magazine to see who did what. It seems to me that this class has such an impact on people that it should help grow class racing rather then discourage people from building new cars and competing. With such a high impact class, NHRA needs to find a way to pres erve it, promote it and let it GROW!

I with you.... I still enjoy and follow the class but I admit the technological changes were really starting to turn me off, once the 4 speeds began a resurgance I was re-inspired

Don Macallum was the other engine builder you were thinking of. Miller and MacCallum Barracuda