Jay, its one thing to cut the valve cover bolt hole, it another to relocate it.

I don't want to open another can here, I was the one pointing out originally that most Hemi heads were illegal for many years as most porters were into the bolt hole.

I personally would have been fine with milling into the bolt hole as there are a lot of non-AH super stock hemis with illegal cylinder heads today.

The SS/DA racer has legal heads on it and my new heads will be legal to the current rule. I wanted to take advantage of the AH Hemi technology, but the rule is written, its over with and I'm moving on...

My AH car is definitely legal and I have more parts to run that as a non-shootout car then I will ever need, with ALOT of worthless hemi parts on the horizon right now. All those SS hemis with illegal heads or cars that are put up for sale... AH parts out the wazoo to go 8.70's. Again, thats the rule and I'll move on.

The Super Stock racer in me though is appalled at the rule and the slaughtering of a class I've grown up to and loved. To be able to legally modify a head that much does not belong in Super Stock. Maybe an altered class in comp eliminator. Why not let the AH cars have a rack and pinion and struts? Where does it end?

SS/DA 1924