Quote:

Cracks me up that the comparable classes between SB and BB on DW the SB cars are quicker.

The Street Race BB classes were soft this year in my opinion. I fully expected some mid-high 8 sec cars to be in my class. But typically when guys start running that quick, unless they are specifically trying to fit into a DW class, they will have done things to the car that bump them to a different class.

I know Jake has a ton of money invested in his car. His engine was built in NC. Mine was built by me and my 7 y/o kid. Hell, my whole car probably cost less than his engine. Different strokes for different folks. I suppose my 'bolt together' engine underperforms for what it is, but I have no desire to run 9's and the added stuff that brings along with it. Besides, I like pulling into the track, changing tires, removing the air filter and being ready to run. I'm lazy like that and I like my full interior.

Street SB's can certainly be built to run in the 9's, but you're probably going to spend way more money and turn way more rpm to get there, so the investment over time is probably going to be more. Doing more with less cubes, certainly does tickle the "cool" funny bone we all have, but for my car, I'll stick to my school bus motor.

Drag Week 2011 - 77th place - DD
Drag Week 2012 - 2nd place SRBB N/A
Drag Week 2014 - Kapooya
RMRW 2018
RMRW 2020