Quote:

Quote:

I have honestly seen enough cut up and lightened A bodies at the track with stroked big blocks in them running 10.50's to make me about puke. I just see a disgustingly high amount big blocks that are major underachievers at the track.

I drove my 3350 pound W5 headed 9.80's car around on the street all the time.

This is exactly the kind of statement which causes me to view most of the small block homers on here with a lack of credibility. This combined with ricraw and onebad's total lack of constuctive input, just blanket one liners, very little specifics.

So a gutted 3000lb. Duster with a 440 and 590 solid cam and 1500$ worth of topend runs 10.50, year after year after year and it disgusts you because you've got a 10 timeslips in the nines at 350 lbs more, 20 inches less and a 15000$ time bomb that may spring a leak at any time??

OK, ok, Mike, the OP said he didn't want any negative, pithin match style posts, and in deference to him, I will try to comply.

First,
The fantasy of a Mid 9 second street car is much better than the reality, and everything is subjective.
"Drive it around without much problems", Mike says.
What does that mean to the individual?
Is an oil change every 500 miles acceptable?
New set of roller lifters every 2500 miles acceptable?
Keeping an eye on the temp and oil guages constantly acceptable?
Do you expect to drive through the gate, straight up to the burnout box, and go 9's after a 75-150 mile drive, or does changing the plugs, rejetting the carb, dropping the pipes, or bolting on slicks seem like reasonable or acceptable concessions??

Now we make the Fantasy tougher by wanting it NA. Sheez! those gutted bigblock A-bodies that disgust B3422W5 at the track would easily be mid-9 second street cars with a good nitrous tune, a gear change and an exhaust system.

Ya, I`m STILL waiting on the "weight"of these so called 9-second street cars w/a baby motor and the chevelle above, gimme a break w/all of that amount of maintainance..............too funny.

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....