Quote:

Quote:

You can do either buuuut, w/o a power adder it won't be as reliable and a SB would cost more than a BB. I'd do a 500ci boosted wedge.

mr. yuck,

what? i don't agree. how do you figure you can't build a reliable n/a sb or bb on pump gas for the street with the parts available today? its being done all the time. just because people aren't posting on this site doesn't mean mopars aren't out there doing it, because they are. its been proven you don't need a power adder to achieve whats being asked initially by the op. all the advice mikesduster has been given in this threads proves it can be done n/a with either combo of choice, but its just gonna cost a little bit to get the needed results. just saying. dj

to run mid 9's in a street car.. (I'm guessing not a tube chasis light weght car) you are going to need a ton of motor. You sound like it's easy as cake and cheap to build a 9 second car. It will take almost 700hp to make a 3000lb car run 9.50's. It will need big cubic inches, expensive heads, big solid roller cam (and everything that goes w/ one), 4500+ stall, tall gears, overdrive trans and so on. That equals big money and will be hard on parts. I wouldn't even try it w/ a SB. A Gen III hemi might work but that too would be easier to boost. W/ boost you don't need crazy parts, big cams, expensive valve train, and depending on the set-up you can run a fairly tame convert and gear. So I guess it depends on what you mean by driver. A boosted car will drive much better and have a longer/stronger power band. I guess it's just where you want to spend the cash. Neither will be cheap. If I had the cash It'd be boosted. (and my next build will) Just check out these new S/C'd 5.0L Mustangs. They run 10's in full street trim and get 25+mpg. Boost is the way to go.