Quote:

Got to mess around with it some thismorning and got exact measurement. The actual tranny angle is 3.28 deg down, I get about 3.5 on my angle finder so it is close.

Got the new floor patch made and ready to weld in.

What would you shoot for on the rear end angle now that the tranny angle is done. Forgot that I did try the motor mount bolts yet, but I don't see that changing the angle much. But I will recheck it when I do.

If you still read 8 degrees nose down on the pinion, before you reweld the perches, if that's you intent, do that when you've driven the car and finalized the pinion angle needed, in the mean time, you could install a Mopar Performance 3 or 4 degree wedge between the leaf and axle perch, (I'd start with 3) to rotate the pinion up somewhat from the current 8 to 5, drive the car see how it feels on acceleration/de-acceleration, be sure to measure the driveshaft/u joint degrees as well, 1 degree minimum, 3 degrees max deflection, taking into account pimion rotation under acceleration...after test driving the car, if you have/feel some driveline vibration, if it's on acceleration, more downward degrees need on the pinion, if it's on de-acceleration, raise the pinion, make only 1 degree changes at a time, I'd suggest you buy the Mopar Performance multi shim rear axle degree kit,...depending on how many you stack in there, plus how your leafs were built, you may need to add a longer pin/bolt assy to properly locate the perch hole, as the shims will eat up the height of the alignment pin/bolt for the perch,...then when you have everything squared away, you can relocate the perches to the desired angle and weld them in a finialized position...and eliminate the wedges

Mike