hey folks! long time, no see, just been putting some miles on the ol' girl, and breaking her in. here is an update:

i still have a rear main leak with the rope, it has not 'settled in' at all after 750 miles on the clock. (probably 650 on the rope). at some point soon, going to try removing the pan while in the car, and dealing with the rope.....

in other recent news, this weekend, we had our first real heat of the summer, low 80's. she handled the weather just fine below 70, but this is too much, and it over heats.

i am running a us radiators either 'high efficiency' or 'optima' 22" four core, a mister gasket high flow 180 thermostat. like i said, she is rock steady at 180 to 190 all day long idling or not, in cooler weather. but, i tried letting her run longer today. (got hot yesterday too) 40 minutes drive time in, if i am standing still, or feathering along @ 50mph, 1800rpm, she still gets hotter and hotter. pulled in the driveway, 230. let it idle for ten minutes, 250. then i high idled it to move some air, no change. (once she gains a few degrees, there is no coming back down, moving at speed or not.) i shut her down, puke puke puke all over......

so, does anyone have any suggestions for me? i would like to keep it stock appearing, ie, no electrical fans. i know the real hemi's had a 26 radiator, was the core support different? because my opening is only so wide! i am thinking trying a standard thermostat, to maybe slow down the coolant or more time in the radiator. i don't believe it's a flow issue, because even at higher engine speed and car speed, there is no change. if it was flow, it would seem the the more air i moved across it should make a difference. also, i am not really a believer in the 'no thermostat' argument. but, i will try anything at this point!

thanks for any input folks,

D