well, it came out as good as it's going to be. we welded, filled, ground, welded some more, to fix the utter mess they made. needless to say, it is not 'factory' show quality, but it is tidy, sound, gap free, level, and sounds great! i threw some high temp paint on the headpipes to blend them, and a fresh coat of black on the flowmasters and side pipes......

i went back on monday, they were all "hey, we are ready for you!". i had to tell them as nicely as possible, that there was no way i was bringing the car back. (they know me, i live around the corner, so 'bad blood' wasn't an option, a few guys there looked a little seedy, and i don't need my garage burning down right now.) i told them about all the things that were not done to how they were laid out, and that the welding was completely unacceptable. the manager pleaded for me to bring it back in, i told him i would bring him photos, and then he would know why i could not do that. he then yelled at the guys, while they are giving me the stink eye. i said let's call it a wash, i'm out, you're out, and lets all just walk away from this as is. at this point in life, i have to choose my battles. i did not feel like fighting with a business so close to me, as the repercussions to me and my property would probably put me worse off than i already was.........

like i said, it looks like it looks. not up to my standards, but once again, money is tight, got's to choose my battles. i am ok with compromising on this section of the car for now. if i ever sell the car, i will rectify it proper. but, sometimes you have to make lemonade out of lemons. this won't be the first time. all in all? it looks GREAT compared to what i had, and i can live with that.

next up? TEST DRIVE.

7456335-IMG_2831.jpg (126 downloads)