here is what i found:
the headpipes were as off level at exit as they could be. more than an inch of difference between the two. nothing had been done.
one muffler went straight back, the other was curved. nothing had been done to make them match angles, either both straight, or both angled to the side.
one muffler was literally 'pointing down', while the other flat. from the rear, it looked horrible.
the welding was not welding, but more like roasted bird crap glued to the pipes. cold, no penetration, full blown unwelded gaps, a blind six year old could have done better.

at this point, my blood was boiling. i walk over there, they are gone for the day. (it's saturday).
i sit on it for the rest of the night, but come sunday, i can't stand looking at it. so i see what's what. there is no way i am bringing it back, yet alone paying for anything. i want to save as much of this as i can, as money is dried up at this point, and the car is almost done for summer. so, i bust out the map gas torch, a couple of 2x4's, my tall threaded jack stand with foot lever, and go to town on getting things at least straight, and will deal with the burnt bird crap welds later.......

i get the system straight, and level, but there is no way to rectify the one muffler straight with the car, the other angled outward, with out cutting the entire system apart, and starting from scratch.......

so, i drop the entire system out in one piece, (that was fun on a four post lift!) and get one of my welder friends to come over for beers and repairs, and decide what is what from there......

here is some of what we found......

7456301-IMG_2814.jpg (165 downloads)