Oh I totally agree that if you plan to run huge lifts or large cubic inches then yes a standard port window head/no-offset rocker is NOT worth it. That's why I would bet these are aimed at the 4" and larger stroke STREET crowd 'cuz I see no place for them on anything serious.

As for low lift flow numbers--I don't want great flow rates at anything under .400"--even street stuff. I have done some testing with high low lift flow (30* seats) and it sucked--even on a street engine.

For example I was degreeing the cam on my 416 yesterday and measured that the intake valve was open more than .225" with the piston going the WRONG way. You can imagine what happens when you have great low lift flow numbers in that scenario. With all that being said--thanks for the compliment, but I still think it will be a powerful head for 95% of the people who buy them and stick them on 400+ cube small blocks that won't see much over 6000rpm. I do think the chamber is ugly however-but looks aren't everything. J.Rob

p.s. I do think we're trying to say the same thing--It boils down to choosing the best parts for the application. Question is-What application suits these heads best?

2009 PHR\EMC Competitor
2010 PHR\EMC Competitor
2011 PHR\EMC Competitor
2012 PHR\EMC Competitor
2013 PHR\EMC Competitor
2014 HotRod/EMC Competitor
2015 HotRod/EMC NoShow
2016 HotRod/EMC 3rd place SPEC Bigblock
2018 HotRod/EMC 7th place G3