I think its a good method. Add a few easy safety precautions though.. not hard. That picker isn't holding much weight really.

I had 4 jackstands on a car once with no wheels on it (eh, fairly safe, right?) and they all gave way with me underneath. Fortunately there was no engine/trans/suspension and I was on my back face up in the engine bay with my legs in the transmission tunnel (incidental). Got a minor fracture in my foot, but was happy to have it.

The point is, anything can happen. Crappy thing is I have a 4 post, but I didn't want to drag the other car off the lift for a seemingly simple task (similar to the hassle of bolting up a rotisserie... just sayin').

It takes balls on this forum to post what Domingo did considering the arm chair quarter backing that goes on here.

Are these pics of mine SO much different?? This is the way I do my engine pulls/swaps. Big jobs require risk. You manage it... and always look for an exit.

If you've never built a car with your own hands, you have NO reason to add to this conversation in my opinion. Keep your nonsense to yourself.

7350480-DSC_00082.jpg (201 downloads)