Quote:

Hi all,

I'm going to start on other 70 Belvedere after I finish putting the engine in the 73 police package matador.

Wow. That sounds like a great project. Obviously I was wrong on my earlier post speculating about whether LAPD ever bought 70 Belvederes. I have since seen a photo on some website (I should have bookmarked but failed to do so) of such an LAPD car.

Also, re: your comment about restoring a 73 Matador as well, I did drive one of the Matadors at the police driving school and in Hollywood Division, where we had a dual purpose Matador (I think it was green), and those were definitely great police cars.

If you ever want to sell either of those, send me a message. Those are important pieces of police history and it is great to see you are preserving them. My wife, who also was an LAPD officer in Hollywood and worked on the vice detail, jokingly (I think) wanted me to buy an ex-LAPD B-Wagon of the type that was used to round up prostitutes on Sunset Blvd, drunks elsewhere, etc. I was less enthusiastic because the B-Wagons were not exactly hot rods.