Quote:

Quick question Gene. Do you know if the F-body "frame" rails the same gauge as the A or B body?

Greg

Greg,
I can't say for sure they are the same gauge, (I have not put a thickness gauge to any of them) but I'm betting they are very close.
Keep in mind, Mopar often doubled (as in used 2 pieces of) metal in high stress areas and spot welded them together. Areas around body mount bolts may have 2 pieces of "frame" gauge metal spot welded together as well as an extra piece that could be as thick as 3/16" that had threads cut into it, I call a nut plate. If the nut plate had movement (most did), there would also had been a a shell casing to hold the nut plate in position spot welded around the edges, making as many a 4 pieces of sheet metal in some bolt on locations. Usually, any reinforcing in the frame rails was between 4" and 6" in length and would extend across the top (or bottom) of the rail and as much as 1/2" down both side rails on a top mounted reinforcing plate (or up both side rails on a bottom reinforcing plate). I sure wish I had pictures of all this stuff I could post up. Most frame rails were in the 16 gauge range.