Quote:

Quote:

Some real nice builds going!

Curious to know little things like what rads, hoses, front timing cover and pulley assembly's, etc.

For example, just to use myself, I currently have an SB with no power accessories whatsoever, and a rad with driver side hose inlet....what changes with the hemi, or specifically, what changed with your setup (if the hemi wasn't the first motor you built for the car)

The A Body guys have it tough- less fits for us. There are two front timing covers, one for the Trucks and one for the LX's. The Jeep timing cover is the same as the LX with a different style alternator. The alternator for the Jeep *might* offer more clearance. Most A Body guys have to notch their frame rail for the alternator.

A Body guys generally have to run manual steering to get everything to fit. TTI makes headers that fit with the stock K member, and a different set that fits with an AlterKtion. TTI makes mounts as well, and requires them for their headers, I believe. It seems the SRT8 jeep manifolds can be made to fit in an A body with AlterKtion, but there is no way to make them work with a stock K member. However, Jeep 5.7 manifolds do fit with a stock k member and manual steering. Some guys have made LX 5.7 manifolds fit with notching to the passenger side frame, but no A body guy has gotten the LX 6.1 manifolds to fit (to my knowledge).

B Body guys get to run power steering, but I'm not sure what does and does not fit as far as exhaust goes. But, they do have more room. I believe LX 5.7 manifolds fit, but I'm not sure about LX 6.1 manifolds. I'd bet the Jeep 6.1 manifolds will have a shot a fitting, but someone else will have to look into that.

A lot of guys switch the radiator, but you should be fine with what you have. Finding the right hose will be the only hard part. I bought a radiator with inlet and outlet both on the passenger side, since that is where both are on the LX timing cover.

The difficult item is the fuel system- either keep your fuel level over 1/2 a tank, pay up for a dedicated EFI tank, or do what I'm doing and go with a surge tank. I'll have a low pressure carter feeding a surge tank, and a walbro GSL392 pumping from the bottom of the surge tank. That way, if the pickup ever runs dry in the tank, I'll have 30-60 seconds of fuel in the surge tank. My carter outflows the Walbro, so it will catch up quickly. If you don't know much about a surge tank, I'll post something up later.

Some companies suggest the truck front cover for A body guys. I don't like the alternator and AC right up front and center, so I decided to make the LX one work. However, there have been some guys modify the Truck front cover to move those two items out and run a LX intake with spacers between the intake and heads.

I'll let Steve and Alex update ya'll on the strength of the internal components in the engine, options for computers, etc.

This is some great info! thank you for sharing!

It looks like either timing cover will work in the a-bodies without power steering, just depends what you want to work with. That is good to know. I wouldn't want to add power steering so that is no issue for me, but again good info for others who may be reading this.

If I ever ran one it would definitely be a carb just because I prefer it over any sort of EFI setup, not to mention it would save costs. Im assuming the carb setup would eliminate the need for the surge tank? Again though that would be great info to post up for others looking at this since I figured having a thread with some info for those thinking about it or wanting to tackle the swap would be good

Thanks for sharing what you know so far, definitely appreciated Yours sounds like a fun ride!