Quote:

Some real nice builds going!

Curious to know little things like what rads, hoses, front timing cover and pulley assembly's, etc.

For example, just to use myself, I currently have an SB with no power accessories whatsoever, and a rad with driver side hose inlet....what changes with the hemi, or specifically, what changed with your setup (if the hemi wasn't the first motor you built for the car)

The A Body guys have it tough- less fits for us. There are two front timing covers, one for the Trucks and one for the LX's. The Jeep timing cover is the same as the LX with a different style alternator. The alternator for the Jeep *might* offer more clearance. Most A Body guys have to notch their frame rail for the alternator.

A Body guys generally have to run manual steering to get everything to fit. TTI makes headers that fit with the stock K member, and a different set that fits with an AlterKtion. TTI makes mounts as well, and requires them for their headers, I believe. It seems the SRT8 jeep manifolds can be made to fit in an A body with AlterKtion, but there is no way to make them work with a stock K member. However, Jeep 5.7 manifolds do fit with a stock k member and manual steering. Some guys have made LX 5.7 manifolds fit with notching to the passenger side frame, but no A body guy has gotten the LX 6.1 manifolds to fit (to my knowledge).

B Body guys get to run power steering, but I'm not sure what does and does not fit as far as exhaust goes. But, they do have more room. I believe LX 5.7 manifolds fit, but I'm not sure about LX 6.1 manifolds. I'd bet the Jeep 6.1 manifolds will have a shot a fitting, but someone else will have to look into that.

A lot of guys switch the radiator, but you should be fine with what you have. Finding the right hose will be the only hard part. I bought a radiator with inlet and outlet both on the passenger side, since that is where both are on the LX timing cover.

The difficult item is the fuel system- either keep your fuel level over 1/2 a tank, pay up for a dedicated EFI tank, or do what I'm doing and go with a surge tank. I'll have a low pressure carter feeding a surge tank, and a walbro GSL392 pumping from the bottom of the surge tank. That way, if the pickup ever runs dry in the tank, I'll have 30-60 seconds of fuel in the surge tank. My carter outflows the Walbro, so it will catch up quickly. If you don't know much about a surge tank, I'll post something up later.

Some companies suggest the truck front cover for A body guys. I don't like the alternator and AC right up front and center, so I decided to make the LX one work. However, there have been some guys modify the Truck front cover to move those two items out and run a LX intake with spacers between the intake and heads.

I'll let Steve and Alex update ya'll on the strength of the internal components in the engine, options for computers, etc.

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course