Quote:

Bump, anyone having header clearance problems with their 3G Hemi swap?

Quote:

I'm putting a truck 3g in my Challenger. Its in and about ready to start, but I'm having header clearance issues. I've got TTI headers and Polylock mounts. My headers are pointing downwards too much under the car significantly reducing my clearance.

I'm also running a A500 trans, which is what I'm thinking is causing the motor to be tilted back too far pointing the headers downward.

I've had to do a little pounding to get clearance in a couple of spots, but it tucks up in the tunnel pretty good and doesn't appear to hang low at all. I'm about ready to drop the trans again and pound the crap out of the tunnel to get it up in there more. But before I go to all that trouble, I wanted to know if you guys are having the same issue with headers pointing downward at the outlet?

I think the 5.7 just looks like its leaning back toward the firewall more than stock smallblock/bigblocks in general, from all the pics I've seen.

Anyone have a similar header clearance problem?

I can't comment on header clearance (as I welded my own), but I can say my motor is tilted back more than I'd like. I've also got a tko600 Keisler kit, though.

What do your angles look like? I understand 1.0-1.5* is ideal, .5* is min, 2.0* is max for racing according to Mark Williams, and 3.0* is max according to Spicer. I'm thinking my front u joint is around 2.5* operating angle.

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course