Quote:

Hey guys,

I know there are various threads on here that cover new hemi builds of various varieties, parts interchangeability, etc. However, I like many others have thought about performing the swap into their cars, yet find it hard to lay out a list of I will need and how much everything would roughly cost. I think that is part of why so many guys stay away from the swap, since they are not sure what is involved.

Anyways, I was thinking that maybe this thread could be a place where people who have retrofitted these engines into the older body styles can post up their builds (i.e. what parts were used in their actual engine build, rough cost if comfortable sharing) as well as what parts were NEEDED to get the engine to work in your car (i.e. special headers, mounts, etc. and what the cost was). I know it might be a lot of info to share, and some may not be willing, but I think it could be a great way to share the potential these motors have and just what is needed to get them running in an older car

If anyone would care to share, im sure I and many others would greatly appreciate it

Dropped a carbed 5.7 in a 1940 2 door Dodge Coupe.

7173683-40coupe003.jpg (410 downloads)

Jerry Williams.