Quote:

I am going to use the glovebox light though. Can it go into the same orange feed that feeds the gauge lights and the cigarette lighter bulb or should it plug in elsewhere? Based on the photo above it looks like it may go into the 3 way pink plug.

Thanks, Joe

If I recall correctly, the lights fed by orange wires use a switched power, and the lights fed by pink wires use a switched ground. If you swap them around they don't quite work right.

In this example, the orange power feed wire is switched by the headlight switch, so those lights are only lit when you have the switch turned on.

The glovebox light (having a pink wire) should have power all the time, but is only lit when it recieves a ground from the glovebox switch (door open).

If you were to plug the glove box light into the orange power feed, it would only be lit when it had both ground AND power, meaning that it would only light when the glove box door was open, AND the headlight switch was on.

If you don't feel that you'll need the glovebox light in the daytime, this may be a workable solution for you, but I'm pretty sure the factory had it plugged into a pink wire feed.

By the way, your dash looks great!

Tav