ok guys, i kinda went back to square one with the bracket. i got my original bracket and figured i'd try it with stacks of washers to raise it up so it clears the intake. i thought since this was the original bracket that the rod and throttle cable would mount to it no problem, which it did. the only thing that i have to do to get it functional is ream out the throttle cable clip that attaches to the carb post. thats the other thing i had to do...like hp383 suggested, i flipped the post 180* and that allowed the link to line up and the throttle cable to line up, but like i said, i just gotta ream out the throttle clip so it slides over the thicker side.

scratch, i tried to align the flat part of the rod in the middle of the bellcrank like you said, but when i move the rod forward to try and adjust it in the middle and operate the throttle, it hits the bellcrank at almost WOT because i'm assuming the 4bbl has more action to it over the the 2bbl that i took off. if i move it all the way out, its fine. what will be the downside to that?

here is a video of it moving:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPZLC64NdWc

7070246-1.JPG (132 downloads)

73 Road Runner 09 Challenger R/T