i did a 340 intake/4bbl swap onto my 73 road runner with a 318/2bbl with a 904 transmission.

the bracket for the 318 will not fit the 340 manifold, so i tried the lokar cable...well that doesnt work either because the Holley 4bbl i have is the original one that came with the 340 intake and doesnt have the bracket on the carb itself for the cable to hook to.

instead of trying to fabricate something or get another carb, i am willing to just try and find an original kickdown bracket for a 340 4bbl, which i'm finding is harder than expected.

this brings up a few questions for me:

1. can i use the kickdown rod that was on my car mated to the 904 transmission with a different bracket or will i have to look for that part too?

2. there are so many variations, which applications would work for my situation? for example, can i search for 360 4bbl linkages or just 340 sized linkages?

3. i saw on ebay a 2 piece linkage listed that came off a 79 aspen that says will work for a 318 to 340 4bbl swap...anyone know if it will work for my car? my kickdown rod is one piece.

i'm not the most experienced with this stuff, and some of you might remember me asking about this problem last summer on the board, but i'm still stuck and could use some guidance please.

Thanks!